News & Events
BlumShapiro Thanksgiving Food Basket Campaign
For more than 30 years, Christian Community Action, has been providing turkeys and all the fixings for a home-cooked Thanksgiving meal to more than 1,700 families and seniors, all low-income. This year, BlumShapiro has joined as our presenting sponsor and News 8 WTNH as our media partner. Please join us by organizing or participating in a nonperishable food collection at your place of employment, where you worship, where you or your children go to school or through any clubs to which you belong. Thank you.
Items needed most:
- Canned carrots, corn, green beans, peas and yams
- Canned Soups (low-sodium preferred)
- Stuffing Mix
- Instant Potatoes
- Canned Fruit (low sugar preferred)
- Rice / red and black beans
- Cranberry Sauce
- Gravy Mix
- Canned Gravy
- Monetary Donations (online via PayPal or by check, made out to “Christian Community Action” and sent to CCA Development, 168 Davenport Avenue, New Haven 06519)
Items in boxes, plastic or metal containers preferred over glass. Pick-ups possible, if the amount is three bags or more. Deadline: Nov. 19.
Volunteers (individuals, families, faith groups, etc.) also needed for sorting and bagging.
For details or questions, please call (203) 777-7848 x19, or email email@example.com
Thank you to our event partner WTNH: