Who We Are
Darrell G. Pataska, CPA
Direct Dial: (860) 561-6835
Fax: (860) 726-7735
Areas of Expertise
Long-Term Care, Healthcare, Accounting & Auditing, Process and Controls Consulting, Sarbanes-Oxley Compliance
General Experience Highlights
As a partner in BlumShapiro’s Accounting and Auditing Group, Darrell has 37 years of experience. Darrell is also a member of our Process and Controls Consulting Group. He performs audit, accounting, internal controls reviews and special projects for clients. He has extensive experience in internal audit projects, operational auditing and corporate compliance work including reviews of compliance with Corporate Integrity Agreements. He is also currently working with numerous clients assisting them with the documentation and compliance aspects of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act.
As a senior partner in BlumShapiro’s Healthcare Services Group, Darrell serves an industry in which he has specialized throughout his career. Prior to joining BlumShapiro, he served as Partner-in-Charge of Arthur Andersen’s New England Healthcare and Long-Term Care Practice and as a member of the firm’s National Healthcare Practice Operating Committee.
In addition, while at Arthur Andersen, he had extensive experience as the Assurance Practice Leader. In this role, he was responsible for recruiting and training, client service and overall management of 150 accounting and auditing personnel.
When not with clients, Darrell enjoys gardening and other outdoor activities such as golf, skiing and hiking.
- University of Dubuque ─ Bachelor of Science in Accounting and Business Administration
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- American College of Healthcare Executive (ACHE)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association (HFMA)
- Connecticut Association of Health Care Facilities (CAHCF)
- LeadingAge Connecticut
- Massachusetts Senior Care Association
- Association for Long-Term Care Financial Managers (ALTCFM)
University of Connecticut Accounting Department
- Advisory Board
St. Paul Church, Old Saybrook
- Church Council
- Finance Committee
University of Connecticut School of Business
- Past Member, Board of Advisors
Malta House of Care
- Board of Directors
- Chair, Finance Committee