Who We Are
Steven A. Gagnon, CPA
Direct Dial: (203) 944-8608
Areas of Expertise
Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Construction, Accounting & Auditing, Transaction Advisory Services
General Experience Highlights
As an audit principal in the firm’s Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail Group, Steve provides accounting, auditing and consulting services to privately held businesses. Steve’s work is primarily focused on manufacturing, distribution and retail companies (with a focus on the food and beverage industry). He also has significant experience with construction and non-profit organizations.
Steve also has extensive experience in mergers and acquisitions as well as transaction support, due dilligence and agreed-upon procedure engagements.
Steve is a firm recognized subject matter expert on FASB Accounting Standards Codification Topic 815: Derivates and Hedging. He was a nationally recognized continuing professional education instructor and was a member of the national internal inspection team to assess engagement quality.
Steve previously worked at McGladrey & Pullen (1995-2012) as Director of Audit and Accounting prior to joining BlumShapiro in 2012.
- Bentley College — Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Professional Organizations and Activities
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Connecticut Society of Certified Public Accountants (CTCPA)
- New York Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants (NJSCPA)
- Florida Society of Certified Public Accountants (FICPA)
- Fairfield County Chapter of the Juvenile Diabetes Foundation